- We at Kama Kazi Africa understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of any information you may provide to us while using our website. Any information we hold about you is provided only by you and to be used for you. We are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
- We are governed by The data Protection Bill, 2018 the gave effect to Article 31(c) and (d) of the constitution to promote the protection of personal data and information.
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy, we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- By using our website and agreeing to this policy, you consent to acquiring and use of your information.
2. Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths]);
- Information that you provide to us when signing up with our website (Names, email, phone number, location, education information, work experience information)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address])];
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, (applying for jobs) or that is generated in the course of the use of those services. (Tests, general form, right to represent document)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (on email, phone or letter) or send through our website (including [the communication content on your user accounts or any submissions done); and any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- Before you disclose to us your personal information, you must accept our service terms and conditions of our policy. By accepting this you are giving us the go ahead to use your information for the purpose stated to be used for.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. What is Personal Information?
- Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including the website kamakazi.co.ke through aggregate forms, interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email.
Which is the Personal Information we collect?
We collect information at different stages of our recruitment process through the following:
- The Website
- During Registration
- During Application
Names, Phone numbers, Email addresses, Physical addresses, Education information, Work experience information, Documents ( Resume’s, Certificates,)
- Interviews: Referee contacts, Documents( ID Cards, Pay slips, Good conduct and any other accompanying documents that may be needed)
- Phone Calls
4. Using Personal Information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our Recruitment services.
- Administer our website and business.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website through your user accounts.
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested and opted in to.
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can opt out at any time if you no longer require the newsletter) use of 3rd party software that will require information to send out the newsletter. (Mail-chimp)
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
Any Additional Items
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct use.
5. Disclosing Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to (any of our employees, officers, consultants, analysts, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy).
- We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any of our recruitment process, in regards to when we feel best to send them to any of our clients;
Any Other Reasons
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Retaining Personal Information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents, CV’s and Certificates, cover letter, passport photos, recommendation letters and any other document in our possession) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective recruitment process;
3. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
7. Security of Personal Information
- Our website is protected against unauthorized access using the latest security devices and firewalls. Where the information is stored is also secure enough from any unauthorized access.
- Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected)
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. (Unless your personal information reaches our website and platforms, we cannot guarantee safety of your information.)
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing your account on our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website, where by you will be required to provide it), and in the event that you loose your password you can reset your password [Here], and if you cannot have it reset, we will under your consent change it for you. We will then not save it as it is your responsibility to remember your password.
8. Third Party Websites
- We do use other third party platforms and software in the delivery of our recruitment service.
- Our website includes hyperlinks to and from, details of, third party websites.
9. Access to your Personal Information.
- You may access the personal information we hold about you through your account.
10. Updating Information
- You can at any time access your account through the website and update your details.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. (This is in a case where you can not do it on your own. Again it will only be done with your consent.)
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- We use (session cookies) to recognize a computer when a user visits our website OR track users as they navigate the website.
- We use (persistent cookies) to collect specific information on our users if for a specific period of time if need be to get certain information from our users.
7. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites this includes ours.
12. Data Protection Registration
- We are governed by the Kenyan law and the Kenyan data controller bill 2012.
- The website kamakazi.co.ke and its content is the property of Kama Kazi Africa Ltd. None of which should be used for any other purpose than the one required for.
15. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Kama Kazi Africa Ltd.
- We are registered in Kenya, under registration number (number), and our registered office is at (Diamond Plaza Annex 3rd Floor Rm 10).
- Our principal place of business is online, as we are an online-based company. You can only visit our offices if you are invited for an interview, or called in for a meeting by one of the (consultants, analysts or any employee) of the company.