KAMA KAZI CV WRITING TECHNIQUE
WHAT ARE EMPLOYERS TOLD TO DO WHEN REVIEWING A CV?
5 things employers are told to look out For! Would Your CV PASS?
1. Layout and format: Does this suit the line of industry? Is it neat and tidy and is the Formatting consistent? Basic errors in the format can highlight to you the degree of expertise that an individual has with regards to Microsoft word processing skills.
2. Typos: Are there typos, spelling mistakes and grammatical errors? These will indicate a lower level of education or a lack of attention to detail. Would you like a sloppy person working on your carefully constructed products and services?
3. Copied Information: Watch out for information copied and pasted from your vacancy. This will indicate a lack of transparency.
4. Lack of relevancy: If there is a lack of skills presented on the CV or if the skills presented are irrelevant then be wary. This person may not have the skills that you need and may simply be applying out of desperation.
5. Look for that little bit extra: Look for signs of motivation, ability to multi-task and the ability to think outside of the box. The world is full of information – anyone who says they have not had the chance to learn a particular skill or to master the basic knowledge on a particular theme is either stupid or simply lazy. The Internet provides all the information anyone could need. On top of that there are numerous professionals who would be willing to help out motivated individuals. If someone shows a willingness to be motivated to expand their learning e.g. e Learning courses, this is like gold dust. This person is not afraid of hard work, and has demonstrated a get up and go attitude.
The world really is at your fingertips. You just need to go out and get it