Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and operate the Wildlife Conservancy meeting both the community and the wildlife needs.
- Work directly with the rangers and get roll call, working shifts in place – get the rangers to be operating in the correct way – Ranger management system. – Collate the projects and meetings together on one document and show the progress, who is the donor, etc so we have a firm handle on all the donations and projects.
- Have a proper system for prioritizing which projects are vital for the community.
- Determine trending livestock entry points and timings in order to secure premises in a proactive manner.
- The conservancy needs a standard fleet of new vehicles that transport more than two people for community meetings, patrols etc- put together a budget for vehicles and roll out for this.
- Roads grass (high nutrient content) initiation.
- Women groups outreach – raise awareness & education among women about conservancy benefits & sustainable development.
- Initiate an African cedar nursery with aim to replant 7,000 cedars in the conservancy within the next 5 years.
- Honey badger friendly beehives placed in mature cedars with business benefits going to the rangers to enhance protective measures.
- Strategy for – 1 year, 3 year and 5 year using the framework of the 4C’s and the 4 pathways
- Budget based on the strategy with each item detailed and explained for the board
- Quarterly reports to be more detail and more pictorial to be used for donors/ stakeholders.
- Develop all SOP’s for the conservancy for example: Finance SOP, Ranger patrol SOP, Emergency SOP, Airstrip SOP – how to clear the runway, how to approach a plane etc, protocol for registration of landing.
- Ecological monitoring and improvements – report on this each month