Responsible for all aspects of the hotel’s operations from setting of service standards to financial performance in accordance with our client’s policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the co-servers, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- Desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Any other task as directed.
- Proven working experience as a server/waiter
- Experience with working in an international environment.
- Fluent in English & Kiswahili
- Experience being responsible for money
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of working in busy environment
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multi-task