Responsible for working with the Sales Manager to proactively solicit and handle sales opportunities as well as carrying out supportive marketing activities in accordance with the company policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsible
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all sales & marketing equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Organising and hosting presentations and customer visits.
- Maintaining the promotional and customer database.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information to requesting parties.
- Assisting with promotional activities within or outside hotel grounds.
- Prepare sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Visiting customers/competing entities as needed.
- Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Helping to organize and coordinate market research.
- Achieving established departmental sales goals.
- Assist in the monitoring and management of the hotel’s brand and social media sites.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Sales, Marketing, Business Administration university degree from a local or internationally recognized institution.
- Sales/Marketing Certifications are a plus.