To be responsible for coordinating functions/events and helping to promote and supervise the use of a large conference center.
- Responsible for daily management/operations of assigned facility.
- Supervise all aspects of functions and events planned within assigned facility.
- Coordinate and/or scheduling of bookings, exhibitions, conferences, meetings functions to make maximum use of the facility within established guidelines.
- Insure quality of facility programming through liaison with relevant departments, outside organizations, booking agents and/or touring companies.
- Coordinate public relations for facility through meetings with HOD’s and staff/other outside groups, directing publicity for functions and events, and preparing and disseminating promotional materials.
- Coordinate all maintenance needs of the various facility.
- Determine potential users of facilities and meet with them to explain facilities and services available, costs and capabilities.
- Follow up on functions at the facility to encourage repeat business.
- Provide departments with accurate information concerning their role in forthcoming functions and events.
- Assure proper management of facility during all functions and events.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant/ similar experience
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and work cooperatively with staff.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Supervisory ability.