Experience(s) : 3-5 Year
Location : Nairobi
Job Type: Mid Level
Job Kind : Full Time
Highest Educational Level : Bachelors Degree
Reporting to: Chief operating officer (COO) Direct reports: Sales & Marketing Manager (SMM)
Scope & Purpose of job: To undertake Sales & Marketing activities as well as to assist with Reservations.
• Maintain existing and develop new relationships with Kenyan Inbound DMC’s, Tour operators, Travel Agents and other relevant key partners.
• Assist with availability and booking inquiries from Kenya based DMC’s and Agents.
• Develop and maintain relationships to build on the East African Resident market, including local travel agencies and non-competing hotel concierge teams.
• Conduct regular sales calls, site inspections and entertaining for Kenyan based partners to increase the company’s share amongst our competitors.
• Through the above activity, help to achieve or exceed the company’s occupancy, revenue and targets by further developing sales opportunities and promotional activities with partners.
• Communicate promotions, special offers, packages and client booking incentives externally and internally to all relevant team members.
• Facilitate organization of trade and press events including FAM trips and site inspections.
• Manage day-to-day inquiries i.e. requests for property information, brochures, rates & offers, site inspections.
• Check Kenyan trade partner websites for accuracy of information and positioning of the company.
• To have full product knowledge of the company.
• To have full working knowledge of Reservations software, CRM and reporting requirements.
• Assist in weekly and monthly sales report
• Compiling the annual sales projections and budget.
• Assist with reservations
• Contribute to formulating and executing an annual Marketing Plan aimed at achieving set out revenue targets.
• Submit monthly Sales & Marketing reports to the Sales Manager Communication
• Review and share competitor activity including developments, news and offers with the company’s’ team.
• Accurately maintaining client and production records in order to monitor and develop our clients’ databases to ensure effective mailings & correct client history
• Generating weekly sales report and revenue updates.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar environment.
• Excellent administration and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent command of English language.
• Must be a go getter
• Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Protel of similar PMS Training (preferred but not essential)