Scope: The incumbent will ensure that guest rooms are serviced as needed in accordance with the hotel policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the housekeeping trolley is adequately stocked before and at the end of your shift per the hotel guidelines.
- Cleans the room as per the established housekeeping checklist.
- Change bed linens on either “changing day” or as needed. Ensures all linen is fresh clean and in good condition.
- Remake beds and replace furniture to original locale.
- Inspects rooms for any damage as per the hotel guidelines and reports it immediately to the Floor Supervise.
- Removes, and/or replaces all printed items as needed i.e. room service booklet, signage, laundry bags with order form, breakfast door menus, permanent collateral, tent cards, etc.
- Dusts the entire room as needed including the dusting or polishing of electrical units and loose furniture as per the hotel guidelines
- Vacuums the entire room as per the hotel guidelines
- Cleans mirrors, chrome, glass, windows, window ledges, and other shinning surfaces as per the hotel guidelines.
- Collects all stray dishware and removes them if not needed as per the hotel guidelines.
- Restocks, resets, or removes any amenities as needed as per the hotel guidelines.
- Collects all trash and removes it from the room as per the hotel guidelines.
- Clean and sanitizes the trash bins as per the hotel guidelines.
- Folds or stows any guest luggage, shoes, clothing, or possessions as per the hotel guidelines.
- Spot checks walls for marks as per the hotel guidelines.
- Spot checks carpet as per the hotel guidelines.
- Ensures the room smells properly. Uses air freshener daily or an atomizer to eliminate “odors” as per the hotel guidelines.
- Make sure you are aware of any special guest requests pertaining to how the room should be cleaned.
- Pick up any litter from corridors and pathways and clean service pantries and service areas neat and tidy at all times as per the hotel guidelines.
- When not in use, extra equipment must be correctly stored; pillows, bedspreads, luggage pads, life jackets as per the hotel guidelines.
- Sanitizes phone as per the hotel guidelines.
- Inform Laundry porter of any laundry that needs to be picked up as per the hotel guidelines.
- Responsible for guest room heavy cleaning as per established schedule.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office).
- Customer service oriented with a positive, energetic, and outgoing can do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Able to endure working in areas of high temperatures with accumulations of lint.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odour hazards, around pest hazards, around chemicals, and with bio-hazardous materials.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous hospitality training is a plus.
- Experience in a similar position is a plus.