Scope: Responsible for all hotel bed linens, towels, food and beverage table linens and guest laundry items are picked up and delivered promptly to designated areas in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise Room Attendants and ensure they are informed daily about priorities in their assigned section.
- Manage storage areas and ensure adequate stock levels as per established the guidelines.
- Recommend changes for improvement on existing standards and implement training needs on an ongoing basis.
- Perform the daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Perform routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards as per established the guidelines.
- Ensures Room attendant are following room cleaning priorities strictly and utilizing Room Attendants standard list checklists as established by the guidelines.
- Ensure that guest requests are actioned promptly and professionally.
- Carry out lost property procedures as per established the guidelines.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department
- Assist Head Housekeeper with training requirements.
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up, and department meetings.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Check Room Stewards/Housekeeping attendants cleaning supplies & cleaning machines daily, to ensure proper care, use and condition.
- Is responsible that Room Stewards/Housekeeping trolley is in neat condition at all times, properly supplied and secured safely when not in use.
- Notifies management at once when damage or theft to hotel property has occurred as per established the guidelines.
- To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Ensure that all the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety are being followed in your area of responsibility.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office).
- Customer service oriented with a positive, energetic, and outgoing can do attitude.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Able to endure working in areas of high temperatures with accumulations of lint.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around pest hazards, around chemicals, and with bio-hazardous materials.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the hotel/cleaning industry.
- 1 years’ experience in managing/supervising a team in a similar role