Scope: Responsible for picking up and delivering guest luggage and assisting guests around the hotel in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Escorting guest’s to their room after check-in.
- Delivering luggage, messages or any other items for delivery within the hotel.
- Consistently offer professional, prompt, friendly, and engaging service to all hotel guests as per The Hotel established guidelines.
- Store hotel guest luggage as requested following the guidelines.
- Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest’s room
- Upon arrival to their room, ensuring guests is familiar with how everything works i.e. temperature control, T.V, etc.
- Maintain a presence in the lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to guests, under the direction of the Public Relations Supervisor.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way and when possible escorting them to their destination.
- To be aware of all hotel facilities and their times of operation
- Be constantly aware of hotel activities/events so that guests can be advised accurately.
- To be aware of all VIPs and visiting or staying in the hotel.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Guest Relations Supervisor /Rooms Division Manager.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Customer service oriented with a positive and outgoing can-do attitude.
- International bilingual skills are a plus.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Ability to work under variable temperature conditions, under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors and be comfortable with frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 kilograms without assistance.
- High School Graduate
- Hospitality certification is a plus