Responsible for all plumbing systems, ensure they are installed and maintained in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge and compliance with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards and continually train incoming and current team members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Install appliances such as toilets, sinks and baths and domestic appliances including pipe assemblies, fittings, and valves.
- Monitor and perform repairs/maintenance on the pool.
- Perform emergency repairs required within the hotel and liaise with contractors as needed.
- Perform daily checks around the hotel as per established the guidelines.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair plumbing systems within the hotel as per established the guidelines.
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure hotel fixtures and fittings are maintained in a safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly as per established the guidelines.
- Suggest cost saving ideas as and when possible, not limited to the Engineering Department.
- Review blueprints, building codes, and specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Chief Engineer
- At least a Diploma in Plumbing
- Must be a certified Plumber.
- 2 years’ experience in plumbing work.