We are looking for a dynamic person with excellent knowledge of the travel industry with an international clientele. You will be reporting to the Operations manager and are part of the Operations Team. The Operations consultant is responsible for booking a trip from start to finish through securing accommodation, transport, activities and briefing clients, guides, tour leaders. Client Happiness is key here. The operations consultant is in charge of ensuring that all trips are booked correctly and run smoothly. Note that bookings and reservations are mainly a job of your team; you will also be involved in projects, stimulated to give your ideas. All in place to bring the company to the next level. This includes but is not limited to improving the structure and processes used within the department, securing better deals/rates with service providers and ensuring customer satisfaction and employee happiness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all trips run smoothly, client happiness is key and the goal is to have ZERO customer complaints
- Overseeing that all accommodations, transfers, activities and flights are correctly booked by your team
- Develop and implement processes and procedures in your team that increase efficiency and quality of work
- Get good deals and build long term relationships with our service providers
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximise satisfaction
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure trips are correctly sold and booked to minimise customer dissatisfaction
- Have fun in the office with your colleagues and enjoy seasonal company trips!
- Minimum 4 years work experience in the travel industry
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Management
- Young, interactive and very dynamic individual.
- Great experience with International travelers and clientele. Preferably work experience at a company dealing with international clients.
- Contacts and experience in accommodations, guides, transport in the travel industry in East Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A team player who loves to collaborate with peers to improve processes while having fun along the way
- Able and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Organised and able to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Able to travel when necessary to meet with customers and/or suppliers
- Not afraid of picking up a phone call at midnight or working over weekends. Clients are on the road 24/7 and especially holidays are hectic.
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
- Ideal candidate should be available to commence work Immediately
Monthly Net Salary: 45,000 & 50,000 After probation