Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing Office works and repairs. With the focus on reducing maintenance costs and driving efficiency
- Overseeing and implementing repairs according to policies and standards
- Consistently inspecting the facilities to keep on top of space repairs
- Corresponding with the building management to document and report repairs in the common areas.
- Managing suppliers and keeping an updated list of quality suppliers on file
- Negotiating costs, payment terms, and delivery schedules
- Ensuring basic services are consistently delivered – including internet, tea/coffee, parking, meeting rooms
- Ensuring space standards for layout, facilities, and core services, are kept at all times
- Managing stock for office consumables
- Coordinating the team during events in terms of setting up and set down.
- Purchasing and running office errands
- Managing and coordinating the office cleaning team
- Compiling daily, weekly and monthly reports on cleaning, office operations, and maintenance
- Ensuring the security procedures are managed at all times
- Maintaining the space look and feel
Key Attributes / Skills
- A people-person – you must be interested and curious about what other people are doing
- Trustworthy and honest – not negotiable!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – handle pressure, multi-task and think on your feet
- Ability to self-manage – Self-drive, self-starter – we don’t micromanage people
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers directly – select good suppliers to work with, get quotations, agree on terms, follow processes
- Ability to project manage and follow-through to the end
- Manage others at a lower level – communicate clearly, hold people to account, motivate people to do repetitive tasks to a high standard
- Experience working in hotels, restaurants as a supervisor – or in a supervisory role in the construction sector
- Understanding of network IT systems – basics (we have an outsourced contractor)
- Understanding of construction and maintenance work – basic electrical, painting
- Good with numbers – will be liaising with accounts dept quite often.