Responsible for representing management during the night. Responsible to conduct night audits and prepare summaries of rebates, paid outs and daily revenue report in accordance with Hotel policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards and continually train incoming and current team members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all Front Office equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Conduct night audits and prepare summaries of necessary reports as per the established accounting guidelines.
- Supervisory level knowledge of all revenue systems of the hotel.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments during the night shift to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Performs duties of the Head Cashier as and when necessary.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services plus events in the surrounding area that may impact hotel guests.
- Supplies information and responds to guest queries in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ensures effective handover is done, gaining information from exiting Duty Manager and handing necessary information to the incoming Duty Manager.
- Makes routine control tours of the hotel ensuring electricity usage is at a minimum and security is at maximum.
- Prepares guest folios with appropriate accounting instructions as per established the guidelines.
- Review various reports such as Revenue reports, Cashiering reports, Rate variance report etc. for their accuracy. Any discrepancies to be reported.
- Controls all department keys/master cards.
- Responsible for conducting the nightly audit and preparing all necessary reports as per established the guidelines.
- Ensures all necessary reports are compiled and printed for the following day’s business and checks that they have been distributed accordingly.
- Maintains up to date system back up reports to be used in the event of the system being unavailable. Ensure maximization of room sales and revenue for the hotel by ensuring a sales attitude is adopted at all times and an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel is maintained
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations while meeting or exceeding guest expectations
- Keep a look out for any guests who can be a potential problem and alert security accordingly
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the fire, safety and evacuation procedures of the hotel.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Ensure all Fire, Hygiene, Health, and Safety procedures are being adhered to in your area of responsibility and around the hotel.
- Report any incidents promptly as per the established guidelines.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene and uniform standard as per the guidelines.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Front of House Manager/General Manager.
- Must have a degree in Hotel Management or Accounting or equivalent from a reputed local or international university.
- 5-10 years Front Office experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role.
- 3 year supervisory/managerial experience.
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- International bilingual skills are a plus.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Capable of effectively & efficiently delegating multiple tasks.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office).