Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of company security strategies to best defend against cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities
- Identify, manage, record and analyse security threats and incidents to enable a comprehensive view of any security issues within IT infrastructure
- Enhance IT security by evaluating and testing new security software and hardware to address Security risks
- Create, implement and oversee security policies and procedures based on industry-standard best practices
- Maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures, such as specific configurations required
- Carry out problem management and root cause analysis, and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes
- Maintain Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans and suggest improvements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation relating to the configuration of IT Systems and Infrastructure.
- Contribute to designing, implementing, maintaining, supporting and improving systems as required.
- Maintain technical and professional skills and knowledge, keeping abreast of current development trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of company security strategies to best defend against cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
Key Qualifications( At least five years at Advanced Level)
- Architecting, planning and implementing complex IT systems.
- Firewalls (Palo Alto and/or SonicWALL preferred).
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare preferred).
- Microsoft products including MS Exchange, MS Server, and MS Terminal Services.
- Enterprise storage management.
- Contributing to delivering complex projects.
- Strong documentation and policy writing skills.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Web Application Firewall
- Microsoft SQL
- IP Telephony
- Project management
- Desired Experience and Qualifications
- VMWare, MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Cybersecurity certification or similar.
- Extensive work experience in a similar role
- Willing to find valuable work and pursue positive outcomes without instruction
- Able to work fast and accurate
- Able to navigate complex challenges and implement strategic solutions
- Passionate, driven, kind, inquisitive, intelligent, honourable, authentic