- To service, repair and overhaul the mechanical parts of vehicles such as the engine, the transmission and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres).
- Perform scheduled routine and preventive maintenance in guest vehicles.
- Discuss problems with car drivers or operators to discover faults.
- Determines defects, troubleshoot malfunctions; take necessary corrective action and record same following specific department procedures.
- Repair or replace worn or faulty parts.
- Carry out minor body repairs and minor trim repairs.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the supervisor/manager.
- Test and repair electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and electronic fuel injection.
- Inspect vehicles and issue road worthiness certificates or list the work required before a certificate can be issued.
- Maintain assigned equipment/tools in working condition.
- General cleaning of guest vehicles in accordance with the established preventative maintenance procedures and standard guidelines.
- Display attentive and courteous hospitality to all guests, internal/external customers.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the established attendance policy.
Skills, Personal traits and Attributes
- Good communication skills
- Read, write and speak English to the extent necessary in order to perform his/her essential responsibilities
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Able to work with hand tools
- Aptitude for technical activities
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Normal eyesight and hearing
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- 1-2 years of experience including experience in diesel and gas engines
- Have a valid Driver’s License