Reports to: Operations Manager and Managing Director
Overall duties include managing our guest experience, front-of-house management, monitoring standards throughout the lodge, marketing, reservations, operations, human resources, repairs & maintenance, staff training, profitability, community and conservation liaison etc.
- Ensure that the entire operation is run at the highest possible standard.
- Work with all front-of-house departments eg food & beverage, housekeeping, office/reception to ensure that service provided to guests achieves the levels of Excellency.
- Work with the head chef to provide diverse, innovative and delicious menus on a daily basis, catering for all dietary requirements as needed.
- Work with head chef to manage levels of hygiene in the kitchen and stores, oversee duty roster for chefs throughout the day, supervise presentation and punctuality of all meals (including back-of-house) and co-ordinate stock and orders of regular supplies of fresh and dry goods from Nairobi.
- Handle staff grievances.
- Ensure all staff comply with company’s code of conduct, and follow the company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff are managed in compliance with the company’s HR policy and the Kenyan labour law.
- Ensure staff empowerment through comprehensive and continued manpower development, training & localization programs
- Responsible for all staff health and welfare.
- Ensure a continuous audit and accumulation of data for the production of monthly reports to head office.
- Work closely with accounts to control costs, adhere to budgets and set goals for the oncoming year.
- Regular communication with head office- basic weekly reports to the General Manager.
- Regular communication with reservations, accounts, marketing and purchasing.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Work closely with head mechanic to ensure that fleet of vehicles is kept in the best possible condition
- Ensure that accurate records are kept by the mechanics and office administrator eg job cards for work done on each vehicle, service dates for vehicles and generators, spare parts ordered for each vehicle, job cards for any outside vehicles, daily km usage in each vehicle, fuel usage of each vehicle, fuel orders, monthly stock takes of workshop etc
- Work closely with head of maintenance to ensure that the lodge as a whole compound is operating effectively and is regular maintained eg water tanks cleaned, solar panels and batteries serviced, roofs repaired, drains and septic tanks in good working order etc
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the o