Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Daily inspections of the facilities and all electrical equipment to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality and safety
- Plan all repair and installation and renovation activities
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Monitor and perform repairs/maintenance on the pool
- Ensuring all electrical and firefighting equipment are serviced accordingly.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Proven experience in repair and maintenance
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Problem solving aptitude
- Proficient in high/medium voltage component repair and maintenance.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly and perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Be able to prioritize, organize, and follow-up.
- Be a clear thinker and be able to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work under variable temperature conditions, under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around dust and/or pest hazards, around chemicals, with bio-hazardous materials, in damp or wet conditions, and at considerable heights.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal 25 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- High school graduate.
- Vocational certification.
Salary: Kshs. 25,000