Duties & Responsibilities.
- Anticipate, acknowledge, and respond promptly to all guest needs and resolve any guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Supervise the maintenance, cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the laundry and lines storage areas.
- Supervise the preparation of guest laundry and employee uniforms to be collected by subcontractor. Coordinate the pick-up and drop-off of laundry items from guestrooms as per established the guidelines.
- Ensure the accuracy of total charges recorded on guest laundry/pressing slip.
- Supervise and coordinate the delivery/pick-up of linens from guest rooms and designated cleaning rags/service towels from F&B personnel/departments.
- Coordinate guest and hotel management dry cleaning to be picked up and cleaned by any subcontracted service company.
- Supervise the inspection of dry cleaned items and associated costs for items received from any subcontracted service company and ensure any discrepancies are resolved promptly.
- Monitor and maintain designated supply levels and supervise restocking when needed as per established the guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of all assigned and unassigned uniforms as per established the guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute all necessary paperwork to designated personnel/departments as per established guidelines.
- Remove substandard hotel linens and uniforms from circulation and reassign replacements and advise the Housekeeping Manager accordingly as per established the guidelines.
- Report all shortages, damages, maintenance requests, problems and linen/uniform availability to Housekeeping Manager as per established the guidelines.
- Coordinate repairs for hotel staff uniforms.
- Monitor and maintain designated supply levels.
- Create weekly schedules ensuring you maintain adequate staffing levels to meet business demands.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Capable of effectively & efficiently delegating multiple tasks.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office)
- Able to endure working in areas of high temperatures with accumulations of lint.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around pest hazards, around chemicals, and with bio-hazardous materials.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 22 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Hospitality Certification is a plus
- Supervisory experience in a similar position is required
- Complete understanding of proper chemical handling and storage.