Scope: Responsible for all soiled hotel bed linens, towels, food and beverage table linens, staff uniforms, and guest items are laundered or sent out for dry cleaning in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Verify guest laundry against laundry slip in and out, and record in log.
- Prepare guest/hotel management dry cleaning to be collected by subcontractor.
- Check guest/hotel management dry cleaning and employee delivered by subcontractor for quality of cleaning, any damage, and accuracy of charges.
- Tag and report damaged items received from guests and advise Laundry Supervisor to confirm if they wish to have the item repaired as per the guidelines.
- Process guest requests for pressing of clothes as assigned.
- Receive employee uniforms for cleaning.
- Complete Daily Uniform Cleaning Control Sheet for all employee uniforms.
- Separate soiled uniforms as required that will be cleaned in-house.
- Organize and hang all cleaned employee uniforms.
- Issue clean or new uniforms to employees.
- Complete a Temporary Uniform Issuance form for temporary uniforms issued to employees.
- Issue rags/service towels to the Food and Beverage department.
- Complete and verify the Uniform Request form for new employees, or employees departing the company.
- Clean all machines and equipment as per the guidelines.
- Complete and file paperwork as per the guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain designated supply levels.
- Re-stock all supplies and advise next shift of all pertinent information.
- Legibly document information on uniform slips and distribute accurately. Legibly document and coordinate guest and hotel management laundry/dry cleaning and hotel uniforms to be picked up and cleaned by any subcontracted service company.
- Inspect condition, charges, and amount of cleaned items received from any subcontracted service company and promptly resolve any discrepancies.
Skills and Other Competencies.
- Able to endure working in areas of high temperatures with accumulations of lint.
- Be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold), under variable noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around pest hazards, around chemicals, and with bio-hazardous materials.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 22 kilograms without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training. ·
- Hospitality Certification is a plus