We are looking for a Hostess who naturally presents a positive first impression, friendly, provides excellent service and high standards. The Hostess must be able to carry natural conversations with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, must be passionate about events planning.
- Welcome guests to the restaurant promptly and professionally and seat them with menus and wine list
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Understand, comply, and administer principals of law relating to food service, establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Advise guests who their assigned waiter/waitress will be
- Ensure the reservation diary is kept up to date with all guest names, telephone numbers, guest information and special requests.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene, and uniform standard.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Keep the hostess desk tidy and sanitized
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
- Acquire a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Restaurant Manager.
- Hospitality certification
- Passionate about events
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software’s).
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Be able to stand or wSalk for an extended period