Experience(s) : 4 Year
Location : Kilifi
Job Type: Mid Level
Job Kind : Contract 2 YRS
Highest Educational Level : undergraduate Degree
The Head Teacher will be responsible for ensuring that the school is managed and organised to meet its current aims
and targets, as well as implement new and improved goals and aspirations. S/he will be responsible for creating a
constructive and inclusive learning environment and for the day to day management, organisation and administration
of the school, in cooperation and collaboration with all stake-holders.
In particular s/he shall advise on and implement rigorous academic and pastoral policies to ensure that students
receive the highest standard of education possible, and that achievable targets and objectives are set for staff.
The role may also include management of new weekly boarding facilities.
The Head Teacher will not be concerned with routine HR matters or financial concerns other than where they directly
influence the teaching and learning. They will however be responsible for the effective deployment of budgets given
and suggestions for areas of financial investment, in discussion with the management team as relevant.
The role of the Head Teacher falls into three areas:
Learning and Teaching
1. To lead in the provision of excellent learning and teaching across all aspects of the curriculum.
2. To guide the teaching staff on the planning and delivery of innovative and effective learning activities and lessons in line with curriculum requirements.
3. To work with the senior teaching team to develop, inspire and motivate an effective staff in order to raise
standards across the school.
4. To ensure that teachers produce and update schemes of work and learning activities which reflect the school
approach to the curriculum (Edexcel) and ethos.
5. To stimulate the interest of children and to encourage them to love learning and to work constructively as part of a
1. In collaboration with the HR manager, to manage various aspects of line management including preparing,
maintaining and updating staff job descriptions.
2. To aid the director and management board in the recruitment of new staff when required.
3. To keep abreast of developments in international education and to disseminate these to the BOM or parents when
appropriate or requested.
4. To prepare, evaluate and update the school timetable, with support of academic management team.
Team Leadership and Management
1. To be committed to promoting a high quality image of the school at all times
2. To support, follow and implement the School’s policies and procedures as set out in the school’s handbook
(currently work in progress) and that child protection legislation is complied with.
3. To communicate regularly with parents to keep them abreast of activities and changes within the school.