Main purpose of the job: To coordinate and oversee all activities in the stores section by ensuring that they comply with the organization operations and the section standard operations procedures.
Reports to: Procurement Manager
- To order goods and supplies to ensure that maximum/minimum stock levels are maintained.
- To liaise with Senior Management on the ordering of goods which fall outside the agreed financial parameters.
- To order all items through approved suppliers only, obtaining permission for ordering any items which are only available through an alternate source.
- To ensure that goods received are of the quality and quantity ordered and in accordance with the agreed price.
- To ensure the timeout and correct completion of all administration in respect of deliveries.
- To complete all documentation and take the necessary action in cases of non-delivery, substandard deliveries or over pricing.
- To ensure that all items are stored correctly, in terms of temperature, humidity and shelf life and that no food items are stored on the floor.
- To ensure correct stock rotation and that issues are effected on a first in, first out basis.
- To ensure that all issues are made against requisitions and that no items leave the storeroom without the appropriate documentation or signature.
- To ensure maximum security of all storeroom areas, that no unauthorized person enters the stores or is issued with a key allowing access.
- To inform management and follow agreed procedures in the case of spoilage or damage of any item.
- To take stock at prescribed intervals and ensure that all necessary administration is completed without delay.
- Professional Qualification: Diploma in purchasing/stores management or related from a recognized institution
- Length of experience: 3 years and above in stores or F&B Control Section
- Computer proficiency.