To be responsible for operations, scheduling and coordinating functions/events and helping to promote and supervise the use of a large conference center.
- Responsible for daily management/operations of assigned facility.
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Follow up on functions at the facility to encourage repeat business.
- Oversee arrangements and/or scheduling of bookings, exhibitions, conferences, meetings functions to make maximum use of the facility within established guidelines.
- Hire, supervise, train, evaluate and schedule work for support/casual staff
- Prepare and supervise budget and assist in planning fund allocation.
- Insure quality of facility programming through liaison with relevant departments, outside organizations, booking agents and/or touring companies.
- Coordinate public relations for facility through meetings with HOD’s and staff/other outside groups, directing publicity for functions and events, and preparing and disseminating promotional materials.
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Coordinate all maintenance needs of the various facility with thehelp of the functions coordinator
- Assure proper management of facility during all functions and events.
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5years of relevant/ similar experience
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and work cooperatively with staff.
- Excellent leadership and management skills