Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizes Barmen to aid in item purchasing. This includes but is not limited to: beer, wine, champagne, spirits, dry ingredients, produce when necessary, bitters; coordinates with other locations when necessary.
- Collaborates with other One Off managers to plug a product they may be excited about to use for buying power.
- Coordinates with Barman in executing quarterly inventory to be sent to corporate.
- Receives, stocks and organizes all orders and tracks invoices.
- Collect and enter product invoices, make adjustments (communicating all adjustments with Storeman in order to maintain desired profit margins.
- In conjunction with management team, effectively update beverage menus, POS system and communicate to team members.
- Create and maintain a bar recipe book that details information on all bar products (spirits, beer, bitters, juices, etc.) to team members to refer to & new teams to train.
- Guides, teaches, motivates team members to follow recipes.
- Maintains bar, a universal well and inventory of supplies, as well as a clean and organized bar and storage areas.
- Supervise structure and execution of side work by all bar team members, encouraging healthy communication & organization.
- Conduct tastings and coordinate larger scale continued education opportunities for team members, while working alongside Beverage coordinator to facilitate tastings.
- Maintains liquor room and monitors bar supplies to ensure minimum waste.
- Communicates and coordinates promotions and team member trips with team in conjunction with Beverage staff
- Stay educated on industry trends and offerings from other local establishments.
- Resolves complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed, while always informing General Manager of issues if not present.
- Have strong communication with Beverage Staff, FOH and Supervisors to communicate any issues, concerns, or ideas.
- Participate in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.) and confers weekly with owner management about restaurant operations.
- Perform Opening and/or Closing Supervisor duties as needed.
- High school diploma, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals, prepare costing, and prepare computer reports as required.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Bartending skills, able to make, prepare, study, and discuss cocktails.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to learn and use Toast to input data.
- Previous management experience preferred.