Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise guests on diet, develop bespoke personal training plans and give vital advice and encouragement.
- Demonstrate the correct way to use exercise equipment and monitor the use of gym equipment.
- Ensure the gym is clean and free of health and safety hazards
- Deliver exercise classes, workshops, personal exercise and diet plans
- Understand and anticipate guests’ needs and accurately and promptly fulfill guests’ requests
- Ensures that every guests using the gym receives attention ensuring awareness and safety. Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
- Ensures every new member has a fitness test and individualized exercise program drawn.
- Maintains good television and gym music with acceptable music and sound levels which are pleasing to the guests.
- Reports any guests’/member complaints to the supervisor.
- Reports all equipment breakdowns to the engineering department and also inform the Supervisor/Manager for follow up.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in fitness training.
- Must be ethical and uphold the highest degree of integrity.
- Must be punctual and dedicated.
- Must be creative with their fitness training routines.
- 2 years’ work experience in the fitness industry
- Experience in running group exercise classes
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Hospitality Skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Flexibility to work various shifts including evenings and weekend
- At least 1 year’s work experience in a commercial gym
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma/Certificate in physical fitness/physical Education from a recognized institution
- First Aid training