Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of the project
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout.
- Up sale new ideas / products to customers.
- Present the design to clients for approval before going forward with production.
- Send approved artworks for film making via email.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design.
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
- Meet with the Sales Manager / team weekly to plan / execute new or ongoing artworks.
- Always check with the respective account managers for all ongoing jobs and that they check
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your seniors from time to time
Requirements of the role:
- Diploma in Graphic Design.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Communication Skills – you must be able to confer advice and suggestions from clients, as well as understand what THEY want.
- Time management skills – you’ll often find that you are juggling several projects almost
- Teamwork skills – you must be able to collaborate and get along with others when they work as part of the design team.
- Technical skills – a knowledge of both typography and colour theory is critical. You must be full conversant in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In design amongst other relevant software.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality