Ensure the efficient receiving, unloading, and processing of deliveries ensuring that all deliveries match up to the purchase order and specifications with regard to quality, quantity, price, etc. in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of receiving equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries of goods to the hotel.
- Verify received goods against the purchase orders by taking into account the quantity and quality of the received products as well as expiry date.
- Stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver/store merchandise to appropriate department per the guidelines.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs per the guidelines.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Resolve discrepancies noted in received goods immediately per the guidelines.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail.
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Coordinate with Front Desk and Guest Relations regarding packages received for guests.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages per the guidelines.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only per the guidelines.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries.
- Ensure all invoices are signed with name from related department heads per the guidelines.
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and must follow the Hygiene standards.
- To prepare daily receiving reports for all goods received in the system.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager per the guidelines.
- 2 years in a similar role in a busy Purchasing department
- Experience in a similar establishment, ideally in a large, multi-outlet 4 or 5 star hotel environment
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and supply chain management or any other related course.