The Intern will reports to the Field Officers. Several positions exist in Narok, Nakuru and Eldoret.
The Field Intern is the face of the company in the communities they work in. Their major role is to build relations, identify, mobilize, train, recruit and support farmers adopt good agricultural practices and grow canola successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop close working relations with the farmers
- Identify and mobilize farmers for training
- Train individual farmers and farmer groups on Conservation Agriculture, Crop Rotation, and the role of Canola in crop
- Recruit and link farmers willing to grow with the Field Officers for assessment and
- Offer continuous support to the contracted farmers and advise on crop management of the crop at different growth stages and brief the Field Officers appropriately
- Develop and maintain a network of stakeholders
- Organise and manage demonstration
- Jointly with the field officer organize and participate in field days
- Soil sampling and results interpretation to farmers
Qualification and Other Competencies
- A Natural Science, Biology or Agriculture Qualification, and any prior experience is an advantage.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with farmers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision in remote areas
- Problem solving skills
- Keen interest/knowledge of farming and the environment.
- Tactful and sensitive to the local traditions, practices, culture and values of the communities we work in.
This is a paid internship with longer term opportunities for the right candidates.