Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
- Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g. purchasing, stewarding).
- At least 10 years progressive experience in the culinary/cuisine production in rated 4/5 Star Hotels
- Minimum of 2-year diploma from an accredited college in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- HACCP and hygiene training