Purpose of the role:
As Events and Marketing Manager you will work closely with other members of the Ecolodge and Events management teams to identify marketing priorities. You will propose and implement a full suite of marketing strategies (print and online) to build awareness and promote customer loyalty, targeting former guests and also in attempt to attract new clientele both for the Ecolodge and the Events venue.
- Research & Monitoring: Identify strengths and weaknesses. Identify the factors that shape the appeal to customers, monitor reviews and feedback from guests, and ensure that any guest’s poor experience is not repeated.
- Awareness: Make sure all our online and printed information is accurate and appealing. Make this information widely available and accessible to our various types of guests.
- Presence: Generate and share engaging content daily on all platforms outlined in the marketing strategy and any new social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest). Manage online reputation and engagements.
- Promotions/events: Review future bookings/events and develop promotions/events to increase occupancy during times of the year when bookings/events are low. Running special events, courses, camps, conferences etc.
- Customer relationships – Continue building strong customer relationships to build a stable revenue base and ensure high levels of repeat business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong research skills as well as knowledge about the hotel and event industries
- Experience with developing and delivering successful marketing plans and campaigns that increase brand awareness and engagement on both online and offline channels.
- Experience with enhancing impact through organic and paid social media advertising
- Experience with SEO, Google advertising (ad words and targeting) and web design
- Experience managing and building relationships with artists as well as partners and sponsors.
- Excellent communication and networking skills both written and verbal with very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience in graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience in festival and/or events marketing are preferable.
- Experience in hospitality and tourism marketing is preferable.