Responsible for repairing, maintaining, installing and monitoring electrical equipment throughout the hotel and respond to Guests, Managers, Team Members, and emergency requests promptly in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards and continually train incoming and current team members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Perform maintenance work on a wide range of electrical equipment as per established the guidelines. Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and diagnose malfunctioning tools, equipment, electrical systems, apparatus, and components.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and current local codes.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Install audio/visual equipment in guest or function rooms along with microphone and lighting systems in function rooms, as requested.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to emergency calls as per established the guidelines.
- Conduct inspection tours to ensure that electrical equipment and lighting is working properly as per established the guidelines.
- Monitor the use and performance of the generator.
- Complete the preventative maintenance schedule and incident reports as per established the guidelines.
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas to proper condition as per established the guidelines.
- Tag electrical items and maintain a register as per established the guidelines.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene and uniform standard as per the guidelines.
- Adhere to the daily checklists and notify management of any discrepancies. Adhere to scheduled work times by reporting promptly as scheduled.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Chief Engineer.
- At least a Diploma in Electrical maintenance.
- Must be a certified Electrician.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a service technician, preferably in the hospitality or medical industry