As Assistant Manager you will join the senior team and your role will be to work closely with the General Manager to oversee and ensure smooth and seamless operations for all aspects. You will also be responsible for the satisfaction of guests as well as the rest of the employees.
- Managing the heads of every department and assigning jobs.
- Take oversight of events, activities and operations in liaison with the General Manager.
- Work closely with the Events Co-ordinator to strategize, organize, implement and host on-going daily, weekly and monthly events.
- Take necessary decisions with Heads of Departments and ensure all ethics, rules and policies are considered and implemented.
- Monitor the tasks of employees, set goals and plans to promote and improve the service of their department and assist in co-ordination of schedules and assignments to employees.
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring the security of their guests, the employees and the entire place.
- Review, analyze and enhance our client’s Marketing Strategy.
- Sourcing new Partnerships, Special events and festivals, markets.
- Daily management of the staff.
- Help in the improvement of occupancy, guest satisfaction and reputation as well as optimizing the running costs.
- Ensure the effective implementation and improvement of systems, standards and policies across all departments.
- Uphold all the values of our client and promote sustainable ways of living through all the operations within.
- Ensure high standards of service throughout, paying attention to detail , identifying issues ands solving problems.
- Handle client’s complaints and compliments and play a significant role in ensuring customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure guests are made to feel as welcome as possible regardless of any other possible discriminatory factor.
- Build strong relationship with authorities and local community.
- Supervise and optimize purchases from all departments.
- Increase bar and restaurant sales and margins.
- Diploma/ Degree any Hospitality related Discipline.
- Atleast 4 years of experiene in a similar capacity.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Photo editing, WordPress).
- Experience with Hotel/Bar Management software, OTA’s, POS & PMS.
- Experience in graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) is preferable.
Skills and other Competencies:
- Marketing experience with developing and delivering successful marketing plans to grow awareness and engagement both online and offline as well as Experience with various aspects of Digital Marketing (social media advertising, SEO, Google Ads, Newsletters etc).
- Hospitality Management experience (in East Africa preferably).
- Experience in festival and/or events management is preferable.
- Experience in hospitality and tourism marketing is preferable.
- Experience in managing teams of 20 to 50 people.
- Dynamic and creative thinker; with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and networking skills both written and verbal with very strong attention to detail.
- Strong research skills as well as knowledge about the hotel and event industries.
- You should be able to identify and resolve problems.
- An open mind and a desire to learn and grow is essential.
- Ability to work well individually as well as with others and have a can-do attitude.
- Excellent social skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili is preferable.
- Must have valid working permission