We are looking for a skilled Commis Chef with a minimum experience of 1 years in a professional environment. One who is deeply passionate about steak. Managing the culinary side of the House and great multi-tasking skills are essential. Experience in using various ingredients and grills are important. Creative and deeply focused energy are a must.
- Be able to follow various recipes and plate specifications
- Setting up a culinary workstation with all ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepares a variety of meats and other food items for cooking in grills and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Flexibility working with different grills and cook tops
- Keep a strictly sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen/prep area
- Ensure proper storage of food
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and make orders when there are shortages
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Prepares item for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Diploma/Certificate in hospitality or any other related course
- Must have a valid Food Handler certificate
- At-least 1 years working experience
- Skilled in using cutting tools, cookware + grill ware
- Must be enthusiastic, versatile with great personality
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques, procedures and methods
- Food + restaurant sanitation training
- Ability to work well with a team
- Good stamina to withstand long hours
- Ability to remain kind and patient under pressure