Responsible for maintaining Cleanliness in the Café.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Cleaning all dishes, plates, pots, pans & cutlery etc.
- Maintaining the cafe cleanliness to a high standard at all times.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Using electrically powered pick up machines.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
Certificate of secondary education
2 years working in a busy working environment.
Skills and other Competencies
- Good communication skills.
- Great personality
- Team player/People’s person
- Must be friendly
- Be engaged and willing to help all around
- Be an integral part of the family