Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting with many elements of accounting, bookkeeping duties, office organization, office cleanliness and any other task called upon to do by your manager and/or directors.
Bookkeeping & Daily accounting duties can include but not limited to:
- Entering of expenses and incomes into the accounting software.
- Reconciling various company wallets
- Maintaining Income for Tax Schedules.
- Consolidating VAT and cash receipts.
- Maintaining internal records and daily reconciliations of sales and expenses, Managing purchases and expenses,
- Petty cash management.
- Preparation and Maintenance of Salaries and Payroll (i.e. loans and advances, public holidays, statutory deductions etc.)
- Ensuring accurate and timely payment of all statutory deductions and taxes.
- Data entry for end month reports analysis
- Bank and Mpesa reconciliation
- Record keeping and management of wages for casual labourers
Office Administration duties can include but not limited to:
- Ensuring office is clean and organized at all times
- Performing minor IT tasks, like software installations and updates, printing of documents
- Ensuring adequate office supplies
General Skills and Competencies:
- Strong work ethic and numerical skills honesty and integrity
- Good computer literacy
- Experience with online accounting software
- Quick learner and team player
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (English and Swahili)
- Good organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be willing to re-locate
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting & Finance Management with at least CPA Part I or ACCA Part II.
- Have knowledge of working with Excel, Google sheet and POS Accounting system.
- Must have at least 3 years in hospitality industry preferable