Responsible for offering professional and engaging service to all guests and visitors including performing any other tasks delegated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist guests regarding all food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Correctly prepare drinks in a timely manner and control the bar stocks as per guidelines.
- Accurately enter all orders through point of sale machines and ensure all transactions are reflective of stock difference.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to all guests and visitors.
- Advising guests regarding other elements of the hostel procedures, facilities & activities.
- Follow our policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all our safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar area.
- Receive all payments for bills and ensure all transactions accurately accounted for.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Previous bar-tending experience not less than 2 years.
- High work ethic; responsible, reliable and work with integrity.
- Excellent knowledge of all food and beverage products.
- Punctual and available to work extra hours when necessary.
- Previous point of sale system experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guests needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times including problem solving abilities.
- Physically fit to consistently move bar stock as necessary.
- Fluency in English and Swahili preferable.
- MUST have a clear passion in bar-tending