Duties and responsibilities
- Perform all pre-opening and closing duties in accordance with the standards and as instructed by the Head Bar Attendant/ Restaurant Manager
- Prepare requisition lists and collect the items from the stores
- Perform stock taking duties regularly for use by procurement and accounts as and required to.
- Prepare and serve orders to customers over the counter or at other sitting areas within the restaurant and particularly the bar.
- Prepare set ups for dinners in the bar area, take and serve food orders
- Ensure that the bar is at all times clean and presentable according to our standards
- Prepare and serve machine coffee/tea orders
- Upsell new products and promote slow moving products to enhance sales
- Regularly come up with new cocktails to promote more sales and fun full indulgence for clients
- Observe and adhere to the timetable rota
- Organise regular internal and external trainings of other team members
- Prepare monthly bar inventory for use by accounts and procurement as and when required to
- Coordinate with restaurant service team members in organising, preparing and providing battler services for conference rooms as and when required to
- Respond to customer queries with honesty and professionalism
- Accept payment from clients by all modes of payment acceptable and give back the correct balances when required to.
- Reconcile shift and day sales in the bar
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in Bar service
- Diploma or equivalent of this in hospitality training
- Must be good and quick in basic arithmetic
- Must be eloquent in both English and Swahili languages in writing and in speech