- Financial Management – To be the Finance unit for three entities, performing all accounting and financial reporting including Expenditure, Cash-flow and Payroll management. Also to be responsible for the accounting and reporting.
- Budgeting- Responsible for proposal budget development and implementation for all three of the entities and ensuring an effective follow up on budgets /outcome.
- Grants management- Oversight over grants management and reporting. Ensuring compliance with donor and organizational rules and regulations. (not much)
- Formulating Proposal Budgets in accordance with the donor formats and requirements (not much)
- To develop the cash flow reporting format and ensure we have good cash flow planning
- Monthly reporting to the board of directors including figures and analysis as well as recommendations.
- Annual Audits – Facilitating annual audits and follow up of all the three entities and liaising with the auditors in a timely fashion.
- Oversight on all Administrative components –
- Filing of all accounting documents, both soft copy & hard copy
- Posting of all accounting data into the accounting software system
- Controls; Bank Reconciliations, Debtors Reconciliation & Creditors Reconciliation.
- Debtors: Debt Collection, Invoicing, Receipting & any other correspondence with debtors.
- Creditors: Management of accounts payables, vouching of Invoices to be paid, preparation of Payments (cheques/bank transfers) and any other correspondence with creditors.
- Statutory Deductions; preparation, filing & remitting of any applicable statutory deductions i.e VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF & WITHHOLDING TAX.
- Landowners Lease Payments: Maintain an up-to-date database of all Camp Landowners and ensure correct payments are made to the landowners on a timely monthly basis. Control of conservation leases administered by the conservancy Manco.
- Any other activities or duties assigned by the COO or the Board, to assist in the day to day operations of the company that ensures harmony between accounts & operations.
- Necessary qualifications to do these tasks but not necessarily a chartered accountant. More important to really understand financials and how a business works.
- Diligent but still open minded person.
- The Candidate must have knowledge and experience of Quick books accounting software.
At least 5 years accounting experience in a similar role and be a Kenya Citizen