Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing a yearly Sales & Market plan together with the Marketing Manager.
- Implementation of the sales & marketing strategy plans – for both the local and international markets.
- Proactive approach to the role, including monthly updates to the annual sales and marketing plan as required including liaison with the camp, finance and other functions of the company.
- Developing our portfolio to perfectly fit different customers as well as negotiating beneficial terms for the company are key areas of responsibility for this position.
- Develop and deepen the company’s relations to the relevant persons in the relevant companies in order to secure long term bookings are the main concern.
- Diligently develop travel itineraries for guests including bookings of transports and all accommodation. Nothing may go wrong!
- Ensure superior sales service delivery to all customers.
- Identifies key customer’s / market segments, and establishes goals for existing and new key accounts through the establishment of detailed action plans for each segment.
- To have a full working knowledge of Reservations software, CRM and reporting requirements.
- Communicate very frequently with all important customers and guests.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increased business turnover
- Improved customer service and customer satisfaction
Requirements & Skills
- 5 to 10 years of luxury hospitality experience.
- Formal University / College education, preference is given to those with a sales & marketing related degree with a focus on the hospitality/travel & tourism space.
- Understanding and prior experience of working in the African luxury safari market.
- Understanding of the local & international markets, along with strong trade networks in the local & international markets are essential.
- Experience with enhancing impact through organic and paid social media advertising
- Experience with SEO, Google advertising (ad words and targeting) and web design