The job varies depending on the nature of the transport requirements and the need of the guests. Travel Desk Manager will be responsible for the finances and budget of the transport services, marketing and PR, strategic development and planning, and people management. They need to make sure a quality service is provided at the right price.
- Ensure the revenue targets are met and develop a realistic and achievable action plan
- Manage all activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles
- Ensure correct billing of all guest transfers including Game drives.
- Ensuring timely pick-up and drop off of all guests as per their travel details/requests in liason with Front Office.
- Constantly converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations and quote tour packages.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using micros account system.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell hotel tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Plan, organize and manage all guest transport requirements ensuring that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Coordinate training requirements for all Travel Desk staff members
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complains.
- Interact with customers able to recommend and sell day trips/tours in accordance a new with the guests needs.
- Managing tour itineraries for guests
- Provide to the General Manager, monthly reports.
- Ensure all the vehicles are maintained/cleaned to the highest standards.
- Disciplining of Staff transgressions alongside HR Manager
- Making sure the transport operation meets its performance and safety targets, monitoring it and reporting to senior management
- Advising on policy and strategic developments and examining business decisions (pricing policy, level of service provision, timetable changes) to assess their impact on guests.
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out in accordance with Kenyan laws regulations, particularly relating to safety
- Managing and supervising staff, organising work shift rotas and coordinating staff training
- Negotiating and managing contracts and developing new business opportunities whenever possible
- Minimising disruption and resolving any unscheduled delays, having to make decisions in difficult situation
- Analysing results of surveys on customer satisfaction and starting new projects to improve performance
- Marketing travel desk services to encourage greater passenger use.
- Identifying existing and possible future transport problems, developing transport models and investigating the feasibility of alternative means of transport
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A friendly, professional and welcoming manner
- A smart appearance
- The ability to cope with carrying heavy luggage.
- Basic Financial Knowledge
- Customer Service Training
- Management / Leadership Training
- Communications Skills
- Logistics Training