Scope and Position Overview
To ensure that the camp systems, facilities, activities and staff work together in a smooth, safe and harmonious manner so as to ensure that guests have a memorable stay.
This purpose is coupled with the concept that the camp is a business unit that needs to run profitably with effective cost-stock controls, management of assets and environmental care.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Your main responsibilities and duties will be:
- To manage all daily, weekly and monthly operations of the Front of House (FOH).
- To ensure all guests receive the best experience, compliant with our high standard of service offering.
- To ensure that proper medical attention is given to any guests that fall ill while staying at the Camp.
- To ensure all staff, in conjunction with other managers, are motivated, have a high standard of work ethic and follow the company procedures at all times.
- To maintain strong cooperation and communication including Lobster Ink training with head of departments and their teams.
- To maintain a positive relationship with the communities and neighbours.
- Oversee the financial procedures and ensure strict controlling in accordance with approved budgets, in coordination with the manager and the Field Operations Coordinator (FOC).
- Ensure that general data is accurate, timely and consolidated; interdepartmental reports have to be generated on time to measure the performance of the individual departments.
- Health and safety including protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment (all company assets to be managed to limit potential loss to company).
- To ensure safety procedures are in place for guests both in the property and when participating in activities, excursions and transfers, as well as for staff, property, plant and equipment, in coordination with all Managers.
- Ensure that overall repairs and maintenance of the property are being followed through, focusing on preventive maintenance in coordination with Back of House (BOH) and Finance Manager.
- Ensure all procurement, stores and stock control are being followed correctly, in accordance with the manager and the FOC.
- Ensure that the overall hygiene of the camp is in place and maintained to a high level.
- Ensure month-end stock takes are done and submitted on time according to the financial time-line.
- Exercise and implement cost saving measures.
- Keep the Country Manager informed of all relevant information and escalation of issues as they arise.
- Organise the team and ensure priorities receive the necessary attention & supervision.
- Communication and awareness of the entire administration, stock & inventory and financial reporting.
- Strongly support the Back of House & Finances departments in full cooperation with Back of House & Finance Managers.
- Ensure highest service levels are maintained across.
- Supervise the team to ensure that they perform their duties properly & professionally; perform spot checks.
- Ensure that all areas and guest’s facilities are up to standard at all times.
- Ensure menus are balanced and the quality of the food is stable and high class.
- Facilitate all offered activities and requests.
- Deal with guest complaints immediately should the manager on duty require assistance.
- Monitor daily expenditures and maintain authorisation procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable assignments requested by Company Group Operations Management and keep a strong communication with the group division managers as required.
- Maintain staff discipline and motivation.
- Ensure all furniture, fixtures, equipment, vehicles, generators & related equipment are being maintained and taken care of in a professional manner.
- Control & approve duty rosters, leave & sick leave applications, as well as possible emergency leave in coordination with HR manager.
Monthly, quarterly and annual tasks
- Maintain the mid and month-end administration cycle (controlling operations) and ensure the related stock takes and inventories are completed by physically inspecting the process and the source documentation to ensure the data is correct
- Monthly property management reports need to be completed within the first week of the subsequent month and submitted to Head Office; this task ties into the procedures taken care of by the Finance Manager which whom you cooperate on a day-to-day basis.
- Draw up a comprehensive repair and maintenance plan ensuring the necessary gets done for FOH.
- Ensure prompt attendance is maintained and registers checked daily.
- Management of annual leave for your staff and yourself ensuring days owed are taken in the course of the year.
- Ensure all staff receive proper medical attention when they are ill in coordination with the HR Coordinator.
- To coordinate and conduct training for employees as required by operations, as well as on matters relating to the company’s General Employment Terms, Code of Conduct and other relevant policies.
- You are to act as a leader to all departments and members of staff.
- You will be responsible for the well-being of all staff.
- You will be expected to behave honestly and be sober at all times.
- You will maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and keep are in good health.
- Your appearance and behaviour is to be that of a senior manager representing Asilia in all your work activities.
- No abusive language or behavior.
- Do not distribute any company information whatsoever without the consent of the Country Manager.
- Experience as a camp manager preferable
- Good organizational and logistical skills
- Effective at crisis management and good at making
- instant decisions
- Effective at training staff
- Good knowledge on the following:
- Some bush/guide knowledge
- Admin/financial understanding
- Local language
- Menus, food quality and food presentation
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Drive and Commitment
- Communication and influence
- Peoples person
- Firm but fair nature
- Open, caring attitude
- Passionate about camps and a love for the bush