The position holder acts in direct partnership with all manager’s line managers as a key advisor in all areas related to people, with a view to maximize performance by increasing employee motivation, and support the delivery of organization objectives through talented people.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- HR Management: Supporting the company’s strategic goals through HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and staffing levels.
- Recruitment & Retention: Managing talent and succession planning by implementing the recruiting, testing, and interviewing processes; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Compensation and Benefits management: Maintaining employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Training & development: Liaise with the group learning and development in Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement and implement recommendations.
- Performance Management: Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance by training managers to coach and discipline employees; coaching managers on performance management issues and processes; coordinating employees’ appraisals.
- Staff Relations; Working with line managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues; Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills; Work with the staff welfare committee to ensure the welfare of staff within the organization.
- Labour Compliance; Monitoring and implementing applicable employment labour laws to ensure legal compliance.
- HR and Office Administration: Maintaining historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records; Updating the relevant reports in a timely manner; overseeing general office administration.
- Create a filing system for all pertinent documents relating to General Managers Office matters and maintain confidentiality and provide high level support.
- Assist with budget planning for Board Meetings.
- Establish a secure back up system for the General Managers and all legal documents.
- Facilitate effective communication General manager and the team, compilation of relevant reports, conferences as require
- Ensure the office runs smoothly by providing stationery, Staff transport, uniforms allocation, office arrangements and handling any other staff and Admin related issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Degree or other relevant degree. Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of HR management
- Knowledge of employment and Labour Laws
- Proficient knowledge of operating a HRIS
- Strong problem solving, organisation and inter-personal skills
- High integrity and maintaining confidentiality
- People strategy development
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Consulting skills
- Change management skills