Directly supervises all front of house personnel and ensures proper completion of all front of house duties including assisting the Boats Activity Manager with daily administration, directing and coordinating activities of the front desk, guides and boats, reservations, guest services, and telecommunication. The front of house area of the operation is where guests form their first and last impressions of the facility – this makes it really important for the Front of House Manager to work hard to create a pleasant experience for guests to ensure their return
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Boats Activity Manager.
Minimum of one year of hotel/lodge front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks. Managing and training front office staff and ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for guests.
Minimum two-year college degree. Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in order to deal with international guests.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Administrative: Recruiting and disciplining employees, conducting performance evaluations, training new employees and supervising others. Approving formal requisitions, conducting general business operations and maintaining paperwork and personnel records. Plan, take charge of mail processing, schedule and attend meetings. You may be called upon to practice conflict resolution, delegate work and be a policy and decision maker as well.
- Analytical Skills: Find ways to improve your Job. Identify inefficiencies and provide solutions.
- Attention to Detail: You will be responsible for ordering the correct office supplies in a timely way, for maintaining records accurately and in an organized manner.
- Communication Skills: You will often be one of the first people visitors see, and you may at times be the only one they see if one of the professionals working in your office happens to be out. You must act as an effective receptionist while simultaneously carrying out your other duties.
- Computer Skills: It’s important that you have a wide range of computer skills.
- Accounting Skills: Your responsibilities include bookkeeping, invoicing, and accounting. You may also be required to handle petty cash, and QuickBooks entries.
- Leadership Skills: You’ll need to keep everybody motivated and coordinated. You’ll have to make teamwork Your job will include setting a standard for everyone else’s work and making sure those standards are met. Leading often means helping other people to grow in their careers, and to help people self-start and communicate well with one another.
- Social Skills: Interpersonal skills play a large role in being a front office manager. You’ll be required to have a positive attitude, greet visitors and engage in teamwork.
As required by the situation with guests. 5 days off per month to be taken as and when agreed with management (when boat operation not so busy) and can be accumulated over two months if required. 21 days annual leave are also given per year
- Accommodation and meals at the Boat Operation Staff Quarters will be provided.
- 21 days annual leave, 5 days off per month (based on working all other days of the month)
- Medical scheme after probation period.
- In house Training.
- Work Permit if applicable.